Thursday, June 01, 2006

"Keep Smiling!"

A man came into the store today looking for a bottle brush for cleaning his hummingbird feeder. We didn't have any: I told him so, and wished him luck in finding one. As he walked out the door, he said, "Keep smiling!" It was an unusual thing to say, but I found it appropriate for the drizzly day.

And smiling I am. I was at work for 11 hours today, but I got a lot done and now I'm feeling ready to make a dent in the catastrophe that is my room.

Yesterday I went for a hike up to the top of Guemes Mountain. In all my 13 years of living on this island, I've never made that trek... crazy, I know. There are some old logging roads that lead right up there. It was a bit stormy, but it felt great to sit up there and think and pray with the wind in my face.

Alright- time to crank up The Afters, roll up my sleeves, and get down to business! I will restore order to this room...

No comments: