Friday, February 01, 2008

Sue, part I

Sue has been taken.

Sue, who has occupied a place of honor on the living room bookshelf for almost two months, is gone.

Let me back up. Sue is the woman in the Kiwanis picture that I wrote about in December. We decided that she was random enough to deserve her own shelf in our living room, and we have grown quite fond of her. But when I got home from work this evening, something was terribly wrong: Sue's smiling face was missing. In her place was a hand-written note whose contents confirmed my worst fears. Sue has been kidnapped and is being held ransom.


The empty space in the bookshelf is where Sue lived. You can see the white note.


The contents of the ransom note.

Why is this happening? What has Sue ever done to them? We live in a cruel world, my friends.

No comments: