Monday, December 10, 2007

small world?

I was at Kiwanis on Saturday, perusing the aisles for a white elephant gift and finding some more LPs, when I came across a wooden picture frame. The backing in it was shiny and silky, like the back of a photograph, so I investigated. Lo and behold, it was a photograph: an 8x10 of some girl about my age, taken in 1973. I was pretty amused at this find (and thought that she looked a little bit like my mom), so I bought the whole thing for 50 cents. The intent was to use it as a white elephant gift for the youth group Christmas party.

Fast forward to this morning. The picture of the random 70s girl is hanging on the wall above the coat racks in my entryway. My parents stop by the house and I point out the picture to them, explaining how I came upon it. My mom thinks she looks familiar, but can't place her. After a while, my dad says that he thinks it looks like Sue, my friend Fred's mom. So I tell them I'll e-mail Fred with a copy of the picture to see if it really is her.


Guess what? Fred confirmed. It's his mom. I bought a picture of Fred's mom at Kiwanis for 50 cents.

This made my week. I absolutely love random stuff like this. What are the chances?

1 comment:

Rose said...

Geez... that's really bizzare. And I randomly ran into Fred the other day.