Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sue, part IV

Luckily, Sue's kidnappers know when to acquiesce to our requests: I found a note this morning underneath my windshield wiper that contained the picture I asked for. As of Wednesday when the paper came out, Sue was safe and had not been defaced. A small comfort in the face of the pain that numbs my heart each time my eye wanders to her vacant shelf, but a comfort nonetheless.



No mention yet of Pete. Either they haven't discovered that he's gone, or he has nothing to do with them and I swiped him out of the flower bin for nothing.

I hope "further instructions" come quickly. Each day that passes makes me more inclined to worry and less inclined to cooperate. But I feel as if I really have no choice - the ball is still in their court. All it takes is one swipe of a sharpie, and...

... I'd really rather not think about it. I will continue to believe that she's safe. I have to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow is really all i can say. I thank you for being so concerned for my mother's safety, we have been keeping a round the clock vigil here pining for her safe return... ;) Ok I admit that came off kind of cynical, but honestly I am truly at a loss for words over this.