Wednesday, May 17, 2006

green beginnings

Since I am basically starting this blog anew, and since I have recently been obsessed with the color green, I figured I'd change the template accordingly.

My last final was due Friday morning. I left Spokane at 2:00am Monday morning and made the 8:20 ferry home. It was quite a drive, and amazingly I didn't ever feel tired. I'm sure it's due in part to my 2-hour power nap combined with a venti iced vanilla latte... but at any rate, I made it back safe and sound.

Having just finished a very heavy semester at school, I'm home and spending some time renovating my room. In this case, 'renovationg' involves getting rid of a heck of a lot of junk that's been sitting around taking up space since I was a wee lassie, and shuffling around some furniture. The goal was to have everything sorted through and taken to goodwill or the dump by the end of this week... ha. Try two weeks from now. We'll see.

Pleasure reading for the next week or so: "The Next Christendom" by Philip Jenkins. It's about how the majority of Christians are no longer in the "West" but in the "South" (namely Central and South America, Africa, and Asia). It was one of the books we bought for my History of Christianity class but didn't end up having time to cover in class, so I'm reading it now.

On a more (or less) exciting note: Today I brewed up a batch of homemade giner ale. It's way better than the store-bought stuff.

No comments: