Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Good Old Raisins and Peanuts

GORP: the constant friend and companion of hikers, rafters, campers, and adventurers worldwide.  The energy-packed snack that satisfies cravings for both the sweet and the salty.  The acronym that I have been trying for the last 3 weeks to remember the meaning of.  I know that, for all practical purposes, it means "trail mix," but I haven't been able to remember what each letter literally stands for... until now.  I was browsing through a kid's camping cookbook at work and there it was.  Phew.  That's a weight lifted from my shoulders.
 
In other news, I've been off-island the last couple days babysitting my boss's daughter.  We had some delicious meals, watched the dog try to dig a laser beam out of the carpet, and baked cookies.  She even introduced me to Hannah Montana and her friends (they reside on the Disney Channel, which I don't get at my house).  All it all, it was quite fun.

Work has been fun, too.  Jeez, it seems like I haven't wrapped a present in 5 months!  I'm still catching up on what inventory we have now and where everything has been moved to, but I'll be solid in about a week :)

Alright, back to the ongoing project that I like to call "The Attic."  Hopefully my pillows and quilts will arrive via UPS soon so I can really make my bed!

No comments: